Suzette Casabianca, M.S.,
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Suzette is uniquely equipped to help special people.
In addition to being parent of two special needs children of her own, she has over thirty years professional experience and training in helping people cope with the challenges they face daily.
She specializes in helping those who need anger management or Batterers Intervention and is court appointed by both Pinellas and Pasco counties to offer individual and group therapy.
She has been a Special Education Teacher since 1978 in New York City and Pasco County, Florida working with children with Autism, Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity, and learning disabilities. She brings her own experience and training to parents of special needs children who are attempting to navigate the Exceptional Student Education process in the school system.
She co-authored the curriculum for Autistic students in New York and assisted the State Institutionalized Pediatric Program in Florida.
Others Suzette calls
those battered by life situations or crises. Examples include:
* Persons with Bipolar disorder or in need of Anger Management
* Persons attempting recovery from crisis experiences or those with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
including women in the Military
* Persons recovering from drug or alcohol addiction
* Persons in need of Anger Management help
* Persons engaged in the coming-out process who have been incarcerated
* Those court ordered to receive Batterers Intervention
* Those needing to rebuild relationships after an extramarital affair
* Persons with special issues facing gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people
Suzette possesses a world-knowledge that has made her accepting and non-judgmental. Her appropriate humor and contagious optimism make visits with her a pleasure.
She offers on-going groups for people with similar needs.